Welcome to my website and blog. I’m thankful you discovered my corner of the internet. I’m still putting together the final touches here but I thought I’d launch the blog to see how it feels.
Here’s a little bit about me:
I love writing for young adults. Maybe that’s because I don’t know if I’ve ever truly grown up. I’m a parasite as I transcribe my main characters’ direct thoughts to the page. I love writing in first person present tense, which surprised me when I was finally brave enough to try it. I loosely outline my novels as I write. Maybe one word per chapter, if even that detailed. But mostly I let my characters come to life and show me where they want and need to go. I love it when their wants and needs don’t line up. That’s where I find the heart of each story.
Hmm. What else about me? …
I have two crazy daughters that look like me but look extremely different from one another (weird, right?). 70% dark chocolate is one of my best friends. I love science, nature, and history documentaries. Sometimes I dream about geometry and I savor the dream endorphins from victoriously proving a triangle. So, obviously, I’m super cool. …Right?
As a blog explorer, you may be wondering what this blog will be about. Here are some topics that will certainly be shared.
- Critiquing. I love critiquing as it has helped me grow as a writer and a friend.
- Reviews of novels I enjoy.
- My Writing Journey. I hope it never ends.
- Rampant toddler beasts with hearts of gold. I’m a mother. There will be days when a mom moment may just slip on this blog to say hello. I promise not to flood you with cute kid photos though. I do.
- Whatever else tugging at my soul that begs to be shared in this little space.
I’d love if you stopped in on Twitter to say hello. You can find me @LizzyCharles_ .
Have a wonderful day!