Today’s my stop for Abby Cavenaugh’s Going Home Again tour! Going Home Again is a great, flirtatious, steamy adult beach read to help you wave goodbye to summer!
Author: Abby Cavenaugh
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Going Home Again Book Blurb:
In high school, it was doubtful Michael Day knew Alyssa Jones existed.
Twenty years later, when the now-famous pop star returns home to coastal North Carolina, Alyssa gets a second chance to make a first impression on Michael.
On sabbatical from his failing marriage, Michael agrees to an interview with Alyssa, a journalist for the local tourist magazine.
When the chemistry between them ignites, Alyssa and Michael are hit with the harsh reality that he isn’t yet free to love her.
With Michael’s wife and son still very much in the picture, can Alyssa hold out until he ends his marriage for good? Or will she risk it all for a second chance with the one who got away?
I’d thought we’d have some extra fun today and have Abby share a musical playlist for Going Home Again! I love the comments she added behind each song, explaining why it’s important to the list (her comments are in purple). What a great list of songs! You should download them to read with the novel!
1. Tender Love–Force MD’s (you gotta have this!!!)
2. Spell It Out– Gavin DeGraw (I had just bought this CD-Sweeter- when I was finishing GHA and the lyrics of this song struck me as perfect for Alyssa & Mike!)
3. Undenied– Portishead (This is a sexy song and I could imagine it playing during the first love scene 😉 )
4. Stingy– Jordan Knight (Kind of what Mike feels… he’s got a woman but he wants Alyssa too…)
5. Arms– Christina Perri (I think this song really describes what Alyssa’s going through during the course of the story)
6. Sick Cycle Carousel– Lifehouse (Lifehouse’s debut album was like the soundtrack for my marriage ending; this song describes what it’s like to be going through a relationship, knowing it’s not going to work. The title says it all… you just keep going round and round until someone steps off the “carousel” and ends it)
7. Sparks– Coldplay (This is off Coldplay’s first album, and it always makes me think of an ex-boyfriend of mine, because I was young but I *know* there was an amazing connection between us (i.e., sparks) and I think at several points in the book, both Mike and Alyssa could identify with the words to this song. Plus, I just like the melody. 🙂 )
8. Chasing Cars– Snow Patrol (In my opinion, one of the greatest love songs ever. Period.)
9. If Only For One Night– Luther Vandross (Because every one of my playlists for anything, ever, needs Luther Vandross. And he is one of Mike’s influences; he was mentioned in earlier drafts of the novel. In my opinion, this song fits Mike and Alyssa’s story the best of all of Luther’s amazing hits.)
Such awesome songs, thank you Abby!
Going Home Again is available on Kindle and Nook.
Here’s a bit about the author herself, Ms. Abby Cavenaugh! Make sure to stop by her Twitter and Facebook account to say hello. She loves to chat! (I know, as I chat with her frequently )
About Abby Cavenaugh
Abby Cavenaugh is a writer of romantic women’s fiction and YA paranormal. She is a newspaper editor by day, but dreams of someday retiring to the North Carolina coast to write books full-time. She lives near Charlotte with her twin sister, also a writer, six-year-old niece and crazy cat, Gus, and is driven by dreams, Diet Coke and chocolate
Abby Cavenaugh on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AbbyCavenaughAuthor
Going Home Again on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18242120-going-home-again
Swoon Romance (publisher) site: http://www.myswoonromance.com/