Today, I’m excited to host Jodi Linton for a “nail biting” author interview (you’ll get my joke in a second). Jodi is a Texan suspense author (get it, nail biting!?) with a two book deal with the Entangled Publishing. Her debut novel is released in 2014.
Thank you so much for stopping in on my blog, Jodi, and being willing to answer the questions I’ve thrown your way! Let’s get to your awesome answers. 🙂
1. What is your favorite drink? I’m a Dr Pepper girl all the way.
2. Where do you write? At a mint green, antique desk wedged into the living room corner.
3. You have a two book deal with Entangled Publishing. Can you tell us about the books? I can tell you that I will be releasing with the Suspense line in 2014 and that my hero wears tight jeans and has a hankering for small town girls.
4. Do you outline or plot each book? I try to outline, but still, I find myself flying by the seat of my pants.
5.How long did it take you to write/edit your first novel? Can you estimate how many revisions you went through? I wrote the rough draft in about two weeks, but spent a year editing the MS with my husband. No, even thinking about all the revisions make my head hurt. There has been a complete overhaul from the original draft to the final MS that I sent off to agents. I probably revised each chapter maybe five or seven times, and then I’d go back over the MS for more revisions. It was a long hard process, but one I’d gladly do again.
6. Are you working on anything new right now? At the moment, I’m editing book 2 for Entangled and starting up a new manuscript to send to my agent.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me! I can’t wait to read your debut novel!!! Readers, please make sure to check out Jodi’s website, blog, like her facebook and follow her on twitter. She’s so much fun!
Here are her links: